Lice are little pesky creatures, and even though they can’t fly or jump, they are determined to stay around. Knowing the signs of lice and what lice look like is crucial knowledge to knowing how to properly get rid of lice.
How To Check For Lice
At Fresh Heads, we do offer lice checks, but if you do not have the time, here’s some steps to help you know the proper way to check for lice yourself:
1. Make sure to wash your hands or put on gloves before you start.
2. Next, create a part in the hair with your fingers or the help of a comb, so that you can clearly see the person’s scalp.
3. While making parts in the hair, it is time to see if there are any little lice running around. Lice are around the size of a poppy seed and are usually brown, black, or a darker color. A flashlight will probably help your chances of finding them.
4. The next step is to look for the nits. The nits are the lice eggs. They are very small little white clusters that are on the hair strands very close to the scalp. There may also be some near the nape of the neck or behind the ears. At times these are easier to find because they are stationary.
5. To get rid of the lice and the lice eggs, the best method is to seek professional assistance at Fresh Heads. At Fresh Heads, we have the proper and most effective equipment to make you lice and lice egg free. A one time treatment is all you need and then you’re back to your daily life.
After checking for any signs of lice, and expectedly finding some, the question pops up “what should I do now?” The first thought you have might be to go to a local pharmacy and pick up some over-the-counter products. Unfortunately, lice have genetically adapted to the chemicals that are in those products. They were not very effective in the first place, but now they aren’t effective at all. The best thing to do is to get professional help. The best lice treatment out there is with Fresh Heads and our AirAlle device. This treatment uses heated air that kills both lice and nits without having to use toxic chemicals.
Fresh Heads Lice Removal in Savannah, Georgia
Catching lice can be a very stressful time, and here at Fresh Heads, we want to help you however we can. We have the best lice treatment on the market that can make your worries disappear. If you are interested then make sure to contact us or come on down to Fresh Heads Lice Removal in Savannah, GA, or one of our other locations in Jacksonville or Orlando, FL.
Schools Without Lice
At Fresh Heads Lice Removal, our mission is to get rid of lice in schools across the United States. We’ve partnered with the Lice Clinics of America to create the Schools Without Lice program. Through this program, we provide school nurses and teachers with free screenings, resources, and treatments. Together, we can have schools without lice!