An estimated six to 12 million infestations occur in the U.S. annually. It is particularly common among pre-school and elementary school children. Head lice do not transmit any diseases, but they are very contagious and can be very itchy. To determine if your child has been infected with head lice and what to do next, review the details below for more information on eliminating lice.
What Steps To Take If My Child Has Lice:
First, confirm that your child is infected with head lice by checking for the following:
• Check behind the ears and at the back of the neck for any signs of lice
• Look for a rash, as lice might cause a rash on the back of the neck
• Look for nits, as they are dark brown in color, only turning clear and sometimes white when they have already hatched
• Nits feel like a hard speed bump on the hair
• Don’t panic; lice are treatable; call Fresh Heads Lice Removal for assistance
Here Are Some Things To Do Right Away:
• Check other members of your family for head lice
• Notify anyone who has had recent contact with the infected person
• Notify the school that your child attends
• Call Fresh Heads Lice Removal for the most thorough Head Lice Treatment available
• Fresh Heads uses the AirAlle TM system, which is an all-natural method of lice removal that is 100% guaranteed
To Shampoo or Not to Shampoo:
• Over-the-counter shampoos and treatments are only designed to kill adult lice
• Lice shampoos don’t kill nits (eggs)
• Many shampoos and treatments contain toxic chemical and can enter the bloodstream through the scalp/skin
• Even if you use a shampoo that kills the adult lice, you still need to detect and remove all of the nits
• Don’t shampoo with harsh chemicals, call Fresh Heads Lice Removal, 7 days a week, for immediate help
• For additional information on lice removal and preventative care, click here!
How To Disinfect/Treat My Home:
• Wash all clothing and linens worn or used by the infected within the last 48 hours
• Use hot water and high heat for at least 35 minutes
• Isolate other commonly used items in tightly closed plastic bags for two weeks
• Items should include throw pillows, stuffed animals, helmets, hats, hair accessories, and the like
• Vacuum surfaces that cannot be wiped down or washed including rugs, furniture, and the like
• Soak hair brushes in rubbing alcohol for 20 minutes and store in a plastic bag for two weeks.
We know it can be very stressful to deal with a lice infestation, but we can help! We are safe, fast, and convenient.
Call Fresh Heads Lice Removal for a 100% guaranteed lice removal treatment using the AirAlle TM system. We are available 7 days a week for your convenience!